Friday, May 16, 2008

Machu Picchu Peruvian



Seafood Rice Special



Ceviche Mixto (fish and seafood)

This week I returned to Machu Picchu, one of Atlanta's few Peruvian restaurants. Although recent reports on Citysearch were negative, I found the food to be delicious and the service decent. I love any kind of raw fish or fish that's close to raw, so the ceviche was right up my alley. I also tasted the cooked seafood rice special, which tasted like a good, hearty paella. We also shared an empanada (strangely, this appetizer arrived after our entrees), which was tasty, as many fried pieces of dough are. I would return here in the future, although the prices are higher than many other Buford Highway dining establishments.

Machu Picchu Restaurant
3375 Buford Hwy NE # 1130 (Northeast Plaza)
Atlanta, GA 30329
(404) 320-3226


Machu Picchu on Urbanspoon

2 Comments:

Tonya said...

My meetup group went here a few years ago, and I didn't go, but they are still complaining about it to this day. Glad to hear someone else likes it! :) Your meetup group and my meetup group should compare restaurant notes!

jaime_pretell said...

Ownership of Machu Picchu has changed. The new owner is much much better and customer service and the service and food is great.