Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Co'm Vietnamese Grill - Buford Highway

Combination salad with mango, papaya, apple and chicken.

C'om Vietnamese Grill on Buford Highway is a place I tried once when I first moved to Atlanta, then did not return to for several years. I can't quite remember why. I enjoyed my last two visits here immensely, for the quality and freshness of the food as well as the quick and non-intrusive service. I adore the combination salad, made with green mango and papaya as well as apple. You can add any of there meats - the chicken and the lamb were quite good. The food here may not be as authentic as some of my other favorite Vietnamese haunts (such as Pho Dai Loi #2) but I have to give them credit for creativity and for the ambience of the small restaurant, which is refreshingly pleasing after coming in from the strip-mall parking lot. I have not tried the Dunwoody location, but would seek it out if I'm ever in that area.

Lamb-stuffed grape leaves.

Co'm Vietnamese Grill on Urbanspoon


Cheezy said...

..."the food here may not be as authentic..."

Just curious... Why do you say so? What's authentic Vietnamese to you?

Amy said...

Hmmm. Good question. I suppose the salmon and lamb offerings here are what make me think it's not as authentic. However, until I visit Vietnam I suppose I will not know! Hopefully I will get to travel there in the next few years. Do you think C'om is just as/more authentic than other BuHi Vietnamese restaurants?

foodnearsnellville said...

The sister store in Dunwoody openly describes itself as a "fusion" restaurant. The bartender, when I went there, was French.

It was awfully good. I'm not often talked into a dessert these days.


Joe said...

My wife and I just love Com. Its our favorite. We lived in Orlando for a year near Colonial Dr where all you can find is Vietnamese food and Com is truly the best. The lamb grape leaves is not a normal dish im sure but is very tasty.

Also a must have is the coffee! It gets you geeked. Love making them at home as well.

The only thing i would not recommend is the minced shrimp...

It is a small drive from Buckhead for us but well worth it.