Monday, May 10, 2010

Franco's



Proscuitto and mozzarella appetizer.

Although I'd visited Franco's several times for lunch with my office, Calvin and I never tried it for dinner until several weeks ago. This place is in a good location, although the scenery is not the most gorgeous where Cheshire Bridge splits off from Piedmont Road. Still, we very much enjoyed sitting out on the patio and chatting with one of the people who run the restaurant. Franco's is family-run, and although they do not currently have a dedicated website, one is on the horizon.

We started with proscuitto and mozzarella as well as bruschetta. The bruschetta definitely took the cake - very fresh and on warmed toast, it was one of my favorite parts of the meal. This proscuitto seemed too salty to me and although I normally like it, even with the creamy fresh mozzarella, I found this particular variety a bit too overwhelming.



Bruschetta.



4 Cheese Pasta with Sun-Dried Tomatoes.

Our entrees were both wonderful - although the sauces used in some of the dishes are, as one would expect, very rich. The four cheese pasta, accented by sun-dried tomatoes, kept me interested, although I had to take about 1/4 of it home. The fish entree special really impressed us and left us saying, "we'll have to come back here soon."



Delicious fish special with capers, tomatoes and asparagus over mashed potatoes.

Franco's on Urbanspoon

0 Comments: