Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Christopher would be disappointed...

Columbus, Ohio - I am here taking a one week course in adoption law at Capital University. So far the course work is quite interesting and I have encountered some nice folks from law schools all over the country.
The city (or shall I say town) of Columbus, on the other hand, has not impressed me so far! When I arrived on Sunday the downtown area was deserted and my roommate Jill and I had to walk several blocks just to find an open restaurant! We did end up finding a place called Ted's Montana Grill that had a respectable bison burger but geez - where is everybody?! The other neat place we visited is called North Market - a Reading Terminal market-like place with all kinds of food stalls. We had some delicious sushi there and also hit up Ben & Jerry's last night (sadly I had to get sorbet because of my lactose problem). Hopefully tonight I will get to German Village - supposedly a neat area so look for news of that soon!

2 Comments:

ed said...

Gotta put in a plug for a Columbus, being a food person myself and would say Columbus has many surprisingly happening areas with good spots to eat and go out. Not that you did poorly with Ted's (although its a chain you could go to elsewhere around the country). Not sure if your from Williamsburg or not (I went to school there) and can say Columbus is a big step UP from the nosh at the dellys (not that I don't miss them). Anyway, glad you got to the North Market as that is one of the places you should definatly not miss. Sorry your visit didn't impress you more.

Amy said...

Thanks for the post! I will have to give Columbus another try one of these days. I have to say that I wasn't really in Columbus long enough to try the best places and I also didn't have a car, which impeded my ability to go far from the hotel. The problem I had with it was more about the fact that the downtown area was deserted after 5 PM rather than the food since I did have some pretty good meals while I was there, especially considering how short my stay was.