Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Rose Tattoo


Desserts at Rose Tattoo Cafe

Also on July 27 I met my mom and stepdad at the fabulous Rose Tattoo Cafe for dinner. I had a feeling this place was going to be fabulous so I restrained myself at the earlier reception and resisted pigging out! I was definitely right.
The Rose Tattoo is a neat place - the decor is much more beautiful than one might imagine for a place with "tattoo" in the title. It has a New Orleans flair, with plants throughout and multiple bars (one non-smoking). Apparently there is a neat upstairs seating area as well - I will have to check this out next time.
My stepdad Steve had the mushroom bisque - very tasty - and the tuna special - rare ahi tuna pan seared over soba noodles served with broccoli rabe in a wasabi flavored jus. Always true to form, my mom got the duck breast, which was served with a blackberry sauce over a fried couscous cake. Since I was still a little full from lunch I ordered the grilled scallop appetizer served with smoked trout salad. The scallops were good but I was happy to receive tastes from both my mom and Steve since their dishes were downright awesome!
Dessert was the best part. We shared a peach cobbler with ice cream and a mini-chocolate cream pie on an oatmeal cookie crust. The cakey crust on the peach cobbler was scrumptious and the chocolate pie was almost as good as Grandma Sarah's. Yummy!

Rose Tattoo Cafe on Urbanspoon

0 Comments: