Saturday, December 11, 2010

Fado Irish Pub



Corned Beef Rolls - a Fado specialty.

A few weeks ago I was invited to bring the family along to try Fado, an Irish Pub located in Buckhead. We really enjoyed our meal - so much in fact that I brought my office here to celebrate a birthday and we're holding our office holiday luncheon here soon!

Not only was the food amazing, the space is also fantastic, with dark wood, Irish objects and three levels of seating including a rooftap bar and patio. Wow. For some reason I don't think I've ever had Irish food before and I mistakenly thought I would not really like it. Well, go figure. Some of the highlights for me were the corned beef rolls, the chips and the brown bread ice cream. The boxty was great also. Apparently they have all of the soccer games on (even early) here and they always serve a good Irish breakfast! If you haven't been to Fado before, you should definitely check it out. They are not so busy at lunchtime (at least when I was there) so it's also a great place for an office luncheon or party.



The front door.



"Chips" with curry sauce and Guinness BBQ wings.



Trinity Steak Boxty. I loved the whiskey garlic sauce. Boxty is an Irish potato pancake, perfect for stuffing and rolling.



Fish tacos - a seasonal special that has since moved off the menu.



Harvest bread pudding with brown bread ice cream and black & tan brownie with Guinness ice cream - yum! The brown bread ice cream has an amazing consistency and taste - very unique and delicious.

Fadó Irish Pub & Restaurant on Urbanspoon

1 Comment:

Irish Pubs Global said...

Food looks amazing! Great contemporary versions of authentic Irish food.

If Irish Pubs Global are ever in Atlanta we'll be sure to visit!