Saturday, August 13, 2011

Smashburger: Buckhead



An outpost of Smashburger, a national burger chain, opened in Buckhead in July. Another John's Creek location just opened this week and another location is planned for Alpharetta. I was invited to try Smashburger for lunch during a busy workday several weeks ago. Luckily, the Buckhead location is around the corner from my office so getting there was quick and easy. Smashburger took over what used to be Fatburger. In addition to signature burgers and a build your own option, grilled chicken, veggie burgers, hot dogs and entree salads are available. Sweet potato fries and haystack onions add to the "side" mix. There are no combos, so if you want fries with that you need to say so. The burger is available in three sizes, which is nice. View the Buckhead menu here. I enjoyed the Atlanta burger and Smashfries - the herb mixture on the fries is tasty and I liked the spicy flavors on this signature burger.



The Atlanta Burger: Peach BBQ sauce, Wicked Pimina cheese (I assume this is a trademarked version of Pimento, however I didn't really taste cheese in the mix), grilled jalepenos and Vidalia coleslaw. On the side: Smashfries tossed in olive oil, rosemary and garlic.



The Classic Burger with Fried Pickles.



The chocolate milkshake with Nutter Butter added - probably my favorite part of the meal! They use Haagen Dazs ice cream, which is my favorite commercial cream. Other mix-ins include Oreo and Butterfinger. Ice cream floats and malts are also available.

Smashburger on Urbanspoon

0 Comments: