Friday, May 04, 2012

Comminity Foods - Fresh Delivery in Metro Atlanta



Delicious, fresh chicken ready to be cooked!

Recently I was offered a 40 lb. box of fresh, hormone-free chicken from Community Foods. Community Foods is a local Georgia company that sells and distributes wholesale, top quality, fresh food, direct from the farm to the consumer. Products include chicken, lean ground beef, tilapia, and seasonal fruits and vegetables.  By eliminating the middle-man of grocery stores andwholesale clubs, and delivering to common pickup points within the community, Community Foods is able to bring customers better prices than they would be able to find anywhere else. Community Foods sold these chicken breasts for $1.69/lb.

I selected my pickup point and easily found the local church in Decatur closest to my home on the appointed day. Kevin Campbell, the president of Community Foods, greeted me and helped load the 40 lb. case of chicken into my trunk. It was surprisingly compact for such a large amount of chicken!

When I returned home I divided the butterflied boneless skinless chicken breasts into freezer bags and even had enough to give away to friends and family. I cooked some delicious orange chicken, some chicken salad and chicken with apple chipoltle barbecue sauce - yum! Community Foods is a great resource for obtaining fresh, quality foods at convenient locations and great prices.



The truck with boxes of chicken loaded up.





Big bowl of chicken!

0 Comments: