Thursday, August 06, 2009

Star Provisions Lunch and Desserts

Shrimp Po' Boy.

Last week I finally tried Star Provisions for lunch. I'd been before once to buy some high quality salt and peppercorns and soft serve ice cream with olive oil & sea salt - try it if you haven't - definitely a different yet oddly satisfying taste. This time I opted for the shrimp po' boy (above), which lived up to the hype. I really enjoyed this: soft bread, perfectly fried shrimp, good sauce. I didn't try the chicken sandwich but it looked tasty, with a Green Goddess dressing.

Chicken sandwich.

To please my office-mates I returned to work with the below desserts. My favorite of the three is the chocolate peanut butter bar, which is strange because I would have thought I'd favor the blueberry tart. The S'mores bar was interesting, but perhaps a little too much marshmallow - also, I think it loses something when it's not hot - perhaps a brief stint in the microwave would have helped. Star Provisions is a must-try for any foodie - their prepared foods to take home as well as their foccacias and pizzas looked amazing. I need to come back more often!

Blueberry brown butter tart, chocolate peanut butter bar (back) and S'mores bar.

Star Provisions on Urbanspoon


foodnearsnellville said...


I'm guessing you've been to Alon's. Have you been to Sawicki's? If so, how do these compare to Star Provisions?


Amy said...

I like the sandwiches at SP better than Alon's. I have not yet tried Sawicki's but it's on my radar. I do like Alon's cookies and pastries quite a bit - especially the almond croissant!