Thursday, February 11, 2010

Gumbeaux's in Douglasville



The sign on Broad St. in historic Douglasville.

Finally, after Calvin had mentioned several times that I needed to try Gumbeaux's, we finally had the opportunity when we went with our friend John on my birthday back in December. I knew it was a good sign when there was a line starting to form on a Wednesday before 5 PM. We were seated promptly and overall received good service at this casual Cajun joint. We tried several Cajun specialties and the only disappointment were the fried items which were much too salty for my taste. My favorite dish is the shrimp with cheese grits - so delicious. I'd definitely recommend Gumbeaux's if you're in the Douglasville area.



Bourbon St. Crawfish Dip. Not as good as the stuffed mushrooms.



Bloody Mary and a fruity drink.



Salad with wonderful homemade blue cheese dressing.



Crabmeat stuffed mushrooms.



Cajun seafood gumbo - very good!



Blackened shrimp and three cheese grits - my favorite!



Fried gator and oyster platter - way too salty. The hush puppies were decent.



GIANT bananas foster and delicious bread pudding. They sang to me too!

Gumbeaux's a Cajun Cafe on Urbanspoon

3 Comments:

Scott said...

Glad you made it out to Douglasville. Gumbeaux's is a favorite local haunt, although the fried gator will hurt you sometimes. I also highly recommend Fabiano's pizza and calzones!

Marci said...

Wow, I am surprised the oysters were salty. Maybe it is a matter of taste, I have been eating the fried oysters there for 14 years at least once a month and would say they have never been salty. Must have been a fluke! :o)

Anonymous said...

Megamamma I don't know what you are talking about! This is a place where the line between new Orleans and Atlanta blurs...especially after the Cajun rites!!:-)