Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Cafe Circa

Seared tuna entree.
I recently visited Cafe Circa with my dinner group. I tried the seared tuna, above, which was tasty. The portion did not contain much in the way of sides, however, as the sweet potato cakes it came with were quite small. Our group shared the mac and cheese croquettes with tomato chutney to start. The croquettes were delicious - who could not like fried mac and cheese? - but the chutney seemed to me an odd accompaniment.
Others in my group ordered the scallops with risotto and the spinach salad, which I tried. Both were good but nothing special. I'd like to try this place again as I continue to hear very good things from other critics. I am very happy to see another place open and succeed on Edgewood Ave. in the Old Fourth Ward neighborhood.

Menu.

Seared scallops.

Spinach goat cheese salad.

Cafe Circa on Urbanspoon

0 Comments: