Monday, July 10, 2006

This squash may squash...


The finished product - grilled chicken, grilled
zucchini and spinach salad.

Today when I arrived at work, the director of the agency where I work had brought in several giant zucchini squash from his home garden. At first I ignored my temptation to grab one up but, behold, at the end of the day the biggest one was still left! I took it home, sliced it, marinated it in olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper and grilled it on my cousins' outdoor gas grill.
I had another exciting development with work that had nothing really to do with work. One of my co-workers won three spots at an "International Grilling" class that is taking place this Wednesday. Since she can't go she opened it up to the office. I am psyched for my first formal cooking class! More to come on that soon.
On another note, I just discovered that they make Lactose-free ice cream and it isn't bad. Of course it isn't Haagen Dazs or Ben & Jerrys but it is nice to know I have the option. I still eat "regular" ice cream after downing a lactase enzyme pill or two, but this way I don't have to worry about all that every time I want ice cream. Unfortunately, I don't think they make a "Key Lime Pie" variety like my favorite Bruster's flavor!

0 Comments: