Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Community Q



Chloe's rib combo platter with brisket, collards and mac and cheese.

At the beginning of December I met up with Chow Down Atlanta's Chloe for lunch at Community Q BBQ on Clairmont Road in Decatur. Chloe's post, which you can see here, pretty much sums up our experience. I also liked the food, especially the large chunks of pulled pork and the sinfully creamy mac and cheese; and I agreed that the greens were too salty.

Calvin and I returned later in December and the collard greens' saltiness had been lessened - a real improvement. On my second visit I also tried the Brunswick stew, which was decent but not great as the flavors were too mild and without enough punch. Still, I am very happy to have a BBQ joint in this location and I rank it up there in my top three with Fox Brothers and Daddy D'z. What is your favorite Atlanta BBQ restaurant?



Pulled pork sandwich with mac and cheese.



Tasty banana pudding.

Community Q BBQ on Urbanspoon

3 Comments:

Michelle @ One of a Kind Wisconsin said...

Oh I want that! Looks fabulous and I have not had collard greens in a long time. We do have pulled pork about once or twice a month. Love BBQ!

Nic said...

We did lunch there on Wednesday, and I thought it was great. But what's the deal with the Texas toast for the sandwiches? Doesn't make a stable base for all that meaty goodness;)

Anonymous said...

You should definitely try Swallow at the Hollow in Roswell. Its in the old Georgia Pig. Fantastic,