Friday, August 12, 2011

Peaches from Georgia Peach Council and a Cookbook



This summer I was fortunate to be provided with a box of peaches from Pearson Farm through the Georgia Peach Council along with Peach County, GA native Gena Knox's excellent cookbook, Southern My Way: Simple Recipes, Fresh Flavors. The peach crop this year is wonderful and I truly enjoyed eating and cooking with these peaches. I made peach ice cream (my own recipe) as well as a Georgia Caprese salad and a Cornmeal Peach Cake from Knox's book. The cornmeal peach cake was particularly spectacular. I actually made two!



Georgia Caprese Salad with Lime Vinaigrette (Gena Knox's recipe)



My box!



Cornmeal Peach Cake, cooling.



The sliced warm cake with homemade peach ice cream. Gooey and delicious!

If you haven't bought any fresh peaches this year, buy them now - they are still ripe and can be purchased at any of the farmer's markets around town.

1 Comment:

Signature Tastes of Georgia said...

oh my...peach cake with ice cream on top? too sinful for a Sunday!