Friday, June 25, 2010

Waikikie Hawaiian BBQ



Coconut shrimp side and Waikikie Combo.

I've driven past Waikikie Hawaiian BBQ on Briarcliff Road so many times, I finally decided it was my duty to check it out. The atmosphere is casual, with puzzles and games for kids and tables inside and outside on the small patio. You order at the counter and your food is then brought to your table. We tried the mini samosas (not pictured), which came out piping hot and with good curry flavor. The coconut shrimp and Waikikie combo (BBQ beef, BBQ shortribs and BBQ chicken) rounded our our dinner. The meats were cooked to perfection, with a tasty sauce served on the side. Plenty of Sriracha is also available. The rice here is also exceptionally tasty, as is the traditional Hawaiian macaroni salad. They offer a variety of shave ice flavors, although I was too full to try any during my visit. I can't wait to come back and sample more menu items - this is about as close to Hawaii as you can get in Atlanta!



Cute building and patio.
Waikikie Hawaiian BBQ on Urbanspoon

0 Comments: