Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Cellar 56



Strawberry Salad paired with Les Jamelles Sauvignon Blanc and Spinach Salad paired with Stuhlmuller Chardonnay.

I was recently invited to a wonderful tasting event at Cellar 56 on East Andrews Drive in Buckhead. I really enjoyed this event and it is clear that this place tries very hard to deliver good customer service. The strawberry salad was a bit bland but the spinach salad, with bacon, boiled egg and dried cranberries more than made up for it. I also enjoyed the seared tuna - I love sushi so anything close usually appeals to me. We tasted a blackened salmon dish (not pictured) which was fine but the tuna was better in my opinion.



Seared Ahi Tuna paired with Burgans Albarino.

I was pleasantly surprised by the BBQ pork egg rolls. At first I thought there would be too much going on with this dish, or that it would be too greasy, but it was great, wonderfully accented by vinegar slaw and BBQ sauce. The spicy mac & cheese was my favorite dish of the evening. Cheesy, creamy with just the right level of spice. I definitely recommend adding it to your order.

All of the wine pairings were really nice as well. I especially liked the Gruet Brut Blanc de Noirs served with the decadent desserts. Krispy Kreme bread pudding: need I say more?

Cellar 56 is a fun, well-executed restaurant where you don't have to spend a fortune. Tapas range from $5 to $7.50 for plates and $10 - $16 for larger share dishes. They have a very diverse wine list. Definitely a place for a fun evening for couples, friends or groups.



BBQ Pork Egg Roll paired with Montoya Cabernet Sauvignon with Spicy Mac & Cheese paired with La Postaa Malbec-Cocina Blend



Krispy Kreme Bread Pudding and Flourless Chocolate Cake paired with Gruet Brut Blanc de Noirs.

Cellar 56 on Urbanspoon

1 Comment:

The World of Deej said...

I'm glad you posted this! We're going to Atl next week, and we love great places for tapas. Looks like we'll have to give it a try...