Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Very Belated Birthday Post


Fruit tart from my lovely cousins - yum!


For my most recent birthday we ventured to Cobb County for a performace at the Cobb Energy Center. Before the show, Calvin researched and found a nearby Italian restaurant - Taverna Fiorentina - for us to try for my birthday. The space is small , which I liked although too many of the tables are near the kitchen, adding to the noise and decreasing the intimate ambiance. The service, although a bit slow (they were pretty full that night) was decent. The food we tried was a mixed bag. I loved the Caesar salad and the pasta and risotto dishes were tasty but the food felt heavier than it should have. I liked the grilled squid a lot but there wasn't much squid on the plate! The scallops were cooked perfectly and not overdone, which always makes me smile. I would like to give this place another try in order to taste more dishes from their menu. Unfortunately since there are so many new places to try, it might be awhile before that happens.


Seafood mushroom pasta.


Grilled squid with fruit jelly.





Stellar Caesar salad.





Risotto with Scallops.



Italian rice pudding.

Taverna Fiorentina on Urbanspoon

0 Comments: