Friday, June 08, 2012

Nikko Japanese Restaurant & Sushi Bar



Tempura shrimp roll and California roll - lunch special roll combo.

Nikko and I go way back to the time when the restaurant was located in the much smaller space in the building just north of the current location, which is in the pink high-rise on South Boulevard. At that time owner/sushi chef Joanna was there most of the time and I dined often at the sushi bar for the spicy tuna roll, the "Trust Me" roll as well as the "Super Crunchy Roll". Since then, Nikko has expanded into its current huge space with a full bar and lounge area. The menu has also expanded to include many traditional Japanese dishes as well as sushi.

I recently had a quick lunch here on my own and enjoyed it. The sushi rolls were good as usual and the salad with ginger dressing is always pleasing. I look forward to returning soon, but I do miss the intimacy of the original location. Still, I'm glad to see Joanna doing so well and it's great to have good sushi in the neighborhood.



Salad with delicious ginger dressing.

Nikko Japanese Restaurant & Sushi Bar on Urbanspoon

0 Comments: