Friday, July 10, 2009

Asheville Treats and Eats

Selection of chocolates from The Chocolate Fetish.

The Chocolate Fetish is a neat shop in Asheville, NC. I love that they make their own truffles including one with cayenne pepper (dark and delicious) and another with chai tea flavors. They also have a vibrant selection of chocolate dipped fruits (above I have kiwi, plum, peach, ginger and orange peel) and the rounds they do (raspberry almond pictured, with bites already taken!) are also a great. If I lived nearby I would be tempted to come in for a different piece every day! They do ship their chocolates if you need your fix and can't get to the shop.

The sign out front - really you do not want to miss this place.

For lunch we grabbed a bite at Cafe Ello, as the more famous places (Early Girl, Tupelo Honey etc.) had long waits, as usual. Their simple menu highlights breakfast items, sandwiches and a huge selection of teas. I enjoyed the chicken salad sandwich with greens - something about having a sandwich on a fresh, toasted croissant make it extra delicious. Asheville has many wonderful restaurants, definitely a nice place for a foodie to take a vacation. Hopefully I'll have a chance to visit again soon and post about more Asheville eateries.

Chicken salad on croissant with greens.

Breakfast sandwich with tea.

Cafe Ello on Urbanspoon


Brittany said...

Wow, that chocolate looks amazing. I don't know how I missed this place the last time we were in Asheville, but I'm very disappointed about it! Putting it on the list for next time.

Dodie @AshevilleTravel said...

Nice post! I love Cafe Ello, too. It's totally under the radar, but oh so good. They have a refreshing hibiscus tea that I crave. Thanks for visiting Asheville!

Gather said...

I've tried the truffles too and they are delicious!

Jonathan Poston