Friday, July 10, 2009

Asheville Treats and Eats



Selection of chocolates from The Chocolate Fetish.

The Chocolate Fetish is a neat shop in Asheville, NC. I love that they make their own truffles including one with cayenne pepper (dark and delicious) and another with chai tea flavors. They also have a vibrant selection of chocolate dipped fruits (above I have kiwi, plum, peach, ginger and orange peel) and the rounds they do (raspberry almond pictured, with bites already taken!) are also a great. If I lived nearby I would be tempted to come in for a different piece every day! They do ship their chocolates if you need your fix and can't get to the shop.



The sign out front - really you do not want to miss this place.



For lunch we grabbed a bite at Cafe Ello, as the more famous places (Early Girl, Tupelo Honey etc.) had long waits, as usual. Their simple menu highlights breakfast items, sandwiches and a huge selection of teas. I enjoyed the chicken salad sandwich with greens - something about having a sandwich on a fresh, toasted croissant make it extra delicious. Asheville has many wonderful restaurants, definitely a nice place for a foodie to take a vacation. Hopefully I'll have a chance to visit again soon and post about more Asheville eateries.



Chicken salad on croissant with greens.



Breakfast sandwich with tea.

Cafe Ello on Urbanspoon

3 Comments:

Brittany said...

Wow, that chocolate looks amazing. I don't know how I missed this place the last time we were in Asheville, but I'm very disappointed about it! Putting it on the list for next time.

Dodie @AshevilleTravel said...

Nice post! I love Cafe Ello, too. It's totally under the radar, but oh so good. They have a refreshing hibiscus tea that I crave. Thanks for visiting Asheville!

Anonymous said...

I've tried the truffles too and they are delicious!

Jonathan Poston
www.gatherlogic.com