Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Top Flr - a new favorite


The Top Flr sign.

Update: Read about my experience in November 2009 here.

Nestled behind Mary Mac's and Papi's Caribbean is Top Flr, a gem that I've been meaning to try for awhile. I'm so glad I finally did. Last Tuesday Calvin and I thoroughly enjoyed our dinner here and vowed to be back again very soon. Everything we had was top notch, creative and delicious. The menu online is slightly out of date, although some of the same dishes remain - hopefully they will never remove the tuna tartar! Apparently there is a $15 set menu offered on Mondays (3 courses) that changes weekly - see Cliff Bostock's piece about that here.



Tuna tartar on Sardinian flatbread, Thai miso pesto, avocado and lime aioli. This was so tasty - I don't think I can come back without ordering it again!



The menu.



Scallops with lemongrass, carrots, horseradish and other flavors (can't remember exactly), cooked to perfection with side of sweet potato succotash with pancetta, roasted peppers, preserved lemon, jalepeno, and cream corn (top). The side was out of this world - very interesting combination of flavors.



Warm chocolate cake with saffron ice cream - also delicious.

Top Flr on Urbanspoon

1 Comment:

Brittany said...

I just recently ate at Top Flr for the first time too. Our food was great, and I was really impressed by the decor. I had a hard time focusing on the conversation, because I kept wanting to look around the room! :)