Thursday, February 03, 2011

NYC: Sushi Hana and Veniero's


Giant sushi boat - I've always wanted one of these and with four of us, we handled it pretty nicely. Yum!

Calvin and I took a quick trip to NYC in November to meet with our wedding officiant. We were lucky enough to stay with my law school friend, Nathalie, and her husband Drew, who were both super hosts during our stay. Upon arrival we headed to Sushi Hana for a delicious meal including the fabulous sushi boat pictured above.


Seaweed salad, gyoza, shu mai and fried mushrooms - all delicious.


My law school buddy Nathalie and yours truly outside Hana. It was a bit chilly!


Economy Candy - I had to take a photo of this since it's one of my dad's favorites. Unfortunately it is closed or I would have brought him some candy.


Veniero's, a delicious pastry cafe our hosts recommended - we took ours back home.



Delicious pastries from Veniero's - regular and chocolate cannoli, hazelnut tart and fruit tart.

Veniero's Pasticceria & Caffe' on Urbanspoon

1 Comment:

Jason said...

The Chocolate Chocolate Cannoli is the greatest cannoli ever devised from Venieros, although they raised their price from $1.50 back when I started college to over $2.50 now. I'm glad you went to this place.