Saturday, February 05, 2011

Tin Can Fish House & Oyster Bar

Platter of Calamari, ahi tuna ceviche and bang bang shrimp.
I was invited to come try Tin Can Fish House & Oyster Bar, a fairly new restaurant in Sandy Springs. As I don't get OTP very often, this was a bit of a trek , but still not too far all things considered. Although the restaurant sits in a shopping center, it does a good job of getting that neighborhood feel. I could see folks who live nearby coming here frequently and they also do a good job making it family-friendly. Kids can draw on huge chalkboards on the front side of the restaurant, providing a fun activity for the younger set.
We tried a variety of items from the menu, my favorite being the horseradish-crusted grouper. For my sides I chose cheese grits (yum) and very good steamed vegetables. On the appetizer platter we ordered, the calamari and bang bang shrimp were average although the ceviche a nice touch. The mussels were pretty good and I enjoyed the raw oysters despite the grit in a couple of them. Other than the grouper, the seafood was nothing special, but I do appreciate what Tin Can is trying to do - service was attentive and the neighborhood feel is something not to be taken for granted.
Menu.


Traditional White Mussels.



Bloody Mary Oysters.

Horseradish crusted grouper with veggies and cheese grits - my favorite dish of the night.
Shrimp and oyster po'boy.



Blonde brownie Sundae.

Tin Can Fish House and Oyster Bar on Urbanspoon

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm very interested in trying out this restaurant. I hope that the calamari is as good as it looks. I believe that there are a lot of great restaurants OTP (Outside the Perimeter) in metro Atlanta. I'm surprised at how many good restaurants are found in plazas throughout Atlanta.