Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Making Sushi at Home



Salmon/avocado and tuna/cucumber rolls + inari tofu pockets stuffed with rice.

I recently made some pretty decent sushi. The best place to buy ingredients as well as fresh fish appropriate for sushi making is at the Buford Highway Farmer's Market where you can get a large portion of sushi-ready raw fish at a low price. However, this time fish from the sushi bar at Whole Foods had to do. Delicious and not as hard to make as I thought!



Chef Amy.



Close up of the sushi - also made some spicy sauce with mayo and Sriracha - yum!

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

You might want to also try the fish at Super H Mart in Doraville. They have beautiful shishimi grade fish in a case next to the lobster tanks. I think it's fresher and cheaper than BHFM but I'm not certain that they have the same huge selection.

Amy said...

Thank you for the tip. I will definitely check out the selection at Super H.