Sunday, October 09, 2011

Super Pan Latino Sandwich Shop



Outdoor sign signals this is the place!



Medio Dia: a unique Cuban sandwich including roasted pork skin on a pineapple roll.

Because of its very limited hours, it took me a very long time to finally try Chef Hector Santiago's Super Pan Latino Sandwich Shop. The lunch-only restaurant is open Tuesday through Friday from 11:30 AM to 2:30 PM, serving from a tiny entryway on the side of the building where the same chef's acclaimed restaurant, Pura Vida is located. You go upstairs to order and pay, then sit at tables back downstairs where staff brings your food. I tried a lamb pastellito to begin - the pastellito selections changes frequently, the medio dia sandwich and the hibiscus-basil agua fresca to drink. My friend tried the pork belly buns and I was lucky enough to try a bite of those as well. Overall I was a bit disappointed. After hearing so much hype I expected something really extraordinary. I liked everything I tried but nothing really called to me. The high prices coupled with the lack of any "wow" factor make it doubtful I will return, but I am glad that I tried it.



Pork Belly Buns - full of soft, fatty goodness.



Menu on the wall.

Super Pan on Urbanspoon

0 Comments: