Friday, May 16, 2008

Machu Picchu Peruvian



Seafood Rice Special



Ceviche Mixto (fish and seafood)

This week I returned to Machu Picchu, one of Atlanta's few Peruvian restaurants. Although recent reports on Citysearch were negative, I found the food to be delicious and the service decent. I love any kind of raw fish or fish that's close to raw, so the ceviche was right up my alley. I also tasted the cooked seafood rice special, which tasted like a good, hearty paella. We also shared an empanada (strangely, this appetizer arrived after our entrees), which was tasty, as many fried pieces of dough are. I would return here in the future, although the prices are higher than many other Buford Highway dining establishments.

Machu Picchu Restaurant
3375 Buford Hwy NE # 1130 (Northeast Plaza)
Atlanta, GA 30329
(404) 320-3226


Machu Picchu on Urbanspoon

2 Comments:

Tonya said...

My meetup group went here a few years ago, and I didn't go, but they are still complaining about it to this day. Glad to hear someone else likes it! :) Your meetup group and my meetup group should compare restaurant notes!

Salsassin said...

Ownership of Machu Picchu has changed. The new owner is much much better and customer service and the service and food is great.