Monday, July 16, 2012

Bad Daddy's Burger Bar



Sam I Am burger with sweet potato fries.

Bad Daddy's Burger Bar has become a Dilworth mainstay and operates two other locations in Ballantyne and in Birkdale. Prior to becoming Bad Daddy's (formerly Big Daddy's) this location was one of the cursed spots on East Boulevard that just could not seem to make it. Now the restaurant fills up early, with lines forming and families, couples and singles alike flock for the signature burgers and salads.

Our first time actually dining in (we've ordered takeout several times) we enjoyed a fine meal and decent service. The noise level is higher than I'd like, however, so maybe takeout - or the patio in cooler weather - is more my speed. The Daddy's nachos were enjoyed by all - a hefty portion with chili, black beans, guacamole, queso, sour cream and more. I enjoyed the Asian salad and a bite of the Sam I Am burger - beef burger topped with American cheese, a fried egg, rosemary ham and pesto sauce. There are several alternatives for non-burger fans, which is nice: several chopped salads including a Greek and the Asian Salad (below) ; you can also build your own salad or your own burger and chicken, tuna, black bean and turkey burger versions are available, so everyone should be happy! There are a multitude of toppings and cheeses that can be added to both burgers and salads - a fun option.

The milkshake was a bit thin for my taste but I really wanted to try the Nutella version, which wasn't available the night we dined in. Although not my favorite burger joint around, Bad Daddy's is a fun option to eat with the "in" crowd - and it's family friendly to boot.



Daddy's nachos - yum!



Sliders with fries - a nice portion for big kids.



Asian salad.



Always busy busy!



Strawberry milkshake.

Bad Daddy's Burger Bar on Urbanspoon

1 Comment:

bluang3lbby said...

I love Bad Daddy's especially since the the Ballantyne location is right across the street from my friends place. My favorite burger is the Frenchie minus the apples. But my all time favorite item is their fried pickles. YUM!