Thursday, March 26, 2009

Doughnuts - yum yum!



Here's how you'll know it!

I was in the neighborhood so I thought I'd check out Sublime Doughnuts. While I'm not the hugest fan of doughnuts, I think a perfectly fresh doughnut can be very enjoyable. I was pleased to hear about this place in the AJC recently. I tried a bite of the three confections pictured below. The peanut butter cup was definitely sweet, with lots of good ole PB. I enjoyed the Boston cream pie although the cream was lacking - maybe someone forgot this one? The raspberry also wasn't full of much berry. I'd like to see more filling going in these doughnuts. Still, they were all very tasty and if I'm driving past this place again, I'll be tempted to stop and grab one. Go out and support this entrepreneur next time you're in the mood for doughnuts!



Display case of doughnuts.



Peanut butter cup doughnut - yes that's straight peanut butter on top!



Raspberry filled doughnut with powdered sugar; Boston cream pie doughnut - don't you love the heart shapes?

Sublime Doughnuts on Urbanspoon

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

I was intrigued after reading the article so when I was in the area I decided to stop in. It was about 11:00 on a Wednesday morning when I walked into the shop and nobody was there, I mean nobody. I heard voices in the back and after a few minutes called out 'hello'. While waiting I saw that there were only 3 chocolate doughnuts in the display case. Finally the owner came out and confirmed they were the only doughnuts available until the others were done in about an hour and 20 minutes. I asked for 2 of the doughnuts, these are small doughnuts, and was surprised that the total was over 3 dollars. The doughnuts were ok and I'll never know what any of the others taste like because I'll never be back.