Monday, March 30, 2009

Porter Beer Bar Lunch



Beer Menu - it goes on and on!

On Friday I met a friend for lunch at The Porter Beer Bar in Little Five Points. I felt like we had been transported to an English pub - they really have achieved a special atmosphere! We shared the arugula salad and Belgian fries and each ordered mussels. All was very good, especially the garlic smothered fries and the pickled beets in the arugula salad. The mussels were quality also, although I felt the broth could have been spicier as the garlic fries really overpowered them. Although we abstained from any alcohol during working hours, their beer menu is incredible. I must return to try one of the ciders or chocolate inspired ales. The dessert list also looked good - including a chocolate ice cream made with beer.



Arugula salad and Belgian garlic fries.



Mussels (appetizer portion)



Outside shot.



The bar.



This place has a real pub atmosphere - I felt like I was in England with the dark halls and faux lanterns lighting the way.



The Porter on Urbanspoon

0 Comments: