Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Red Snapper - a healthy and delicious recipe

From my Grandma Sarah, I learned how to make this delicious sauce that is tasty over any fish or on chicken as well. Chop 1 green pepper, 1/2 onion, and as much garlic as you'd like (I used about 10 cloves) and combine with a can of diced or stewed tomatoes (or chopped fresh tomatoes if they're in season) and sautee over medium heat in a couple tablespoons of olive oil. Add sun dried tomatoes if desired as well as salt, pepper and any other spice you'd like to try. Arrange the fish in a baking dish (I always put aluminum foil in first to avoid a messy cleanup) and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Pour sauce over fish and bake at 350 until the fish is cooked. The length of time will depend a lot on the thickness of your fish. For this red snapper, which was quite thick (bought frozen from Trader Joe's), it took about 40 minutes. I served this with quinoa and it turned out well. Somehow I neglected to take a photo of the finished product. Just think of the second photo on top of the first!



Red snapper fillets, defrosted and sprinkled with pepper and sea salt.



Sauce for the snapper.

0 Comments: