Monday, September 07, 2009

Social on West Peachtree



Duck confit salad with goat cheese and sun-dried tomatoes.

On Friday night we found ourselves downtown without a plan. Luckily I remembered hearing about Social and decided to find it. I am so glad we did. I regret not photographing the inside of the restaurant, but photos are available on their website. Even though it was a Friday, the place was not packed (it should be, but I was glad for the space!) and we were seated at a high table near the bar.

Our waiter, who is from France, took good care of us, pointing out the specials on the board and bringing bread (and more bread) at Calvin's request! The eggplant "caviar" - no real fish eggs included - delighted with its freshness and smooth texture. It reminded us of guacamole, but with eggplant instead of avocado. The trick, we found out, is that they roast or grill the tomatoes, and use several spices that really make this a winning appetizer. I definitely look forward to returning here. There is also a lunch menu including sandwiches as well as a selection of tagines (stews originating in northern Africa), both with lamb and vegetarian. Overall, a great find!



Bread with balsamic & olive oil dipping sauce and eggplant "caviar" appetizer - so fresh and delicious.



Pan seared diver scallops with ratatouille, risotto and lobster broth. The scallops were a tiny bit overcooked but the flavors really worked. I loved the ratatouille and the lobster broth - very rich!



Lavender-infused creme brulee = wonderful.

Social on Urbanspoon

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Perhaps it's because I encountered the dessert late in adulthood, but I find a good creme brule very hard to resist. And I'm glad you didn't *^^*.

FnS

The Frugal Hostess said...

So glad you went there - it's in such a weird spot that I'm afraid Social won't last!