Tuesday, May 12, 2009

La Tavola Trattoria



Cacciucco Fish Stew.

On Friday I ventured to a neighborhood spot for the very first time. La Tavola Trattoria in Virginia Highlands proved a very pleasant dining experience. I especially enjoyed the outdoor patio dining in back, the cool cocktail I tried (below) and the fish stew, pictured above. The tagliatelle with mushrooms and the grilled calamari were also excellent, although the calamari contained more beans and cauliflower than actual squid! I didn't try any dessert here - see cupcake post below, but I would definitely like to come back here to try the dessert and the brunch menu.



Outside of the restaurant.



Rose Marie martini with candied rosemary.



Grilled calamari with cauliflower and cannellini beans.



Tagliatelle with mushroom ragu.

La Tavola Trattoria on Urbanspoon

4 Comments:

jimmy said...

OK, now I am craving that tagliatelle!

Virginia said...

I'm always concerned about parking at La Tavola on a weekend...where do you park? I've been wanting to try it forever!!!! The husband and I headed to Wan Lei(Blissful Glutton rec)on Buford Saturday night and it was fantastic...a must-add to your list:-)

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy said...

I park on the street, even if I have to go a few blocks away. On Friday I parked on Highland, just about a block north of the VaHi corner. I usually avoid paid parking and valets if there's a choice! Thanks for the tip on Wan Lei. I'll have to try it soon :)