Monday, April 06, 2009

JCT = Still Awesome



Avocado, goat cheese, pistachio and beet salad.

With family in town, we headed for JCT Kitchen, one of my (now) favorite special occasion restaurants and a good place for a nice, but not too expensive lunch. All of the food we ordered as well as the always tasty, crusty bread with apple flavored butter, was fabulous. Somehow I neglected to photograph the shrimp & grits (probably because I was too busy lapping it up) - needless to say, this version is the best I've ever tasted. It included crusty bread for sopping and a soft cooked egg on top. The flavors blended perfectly to form a tasty, gooey mess. Top recommendations from this evening: avocado and beet salad, shrimp & grits, scallops, coconut cake and doughnuts with ice cream. JCT offers a special Sunday supper for $24/person that I'm dying to check out. I'll let you know when I do!



Creamy cauliflower soup.



Oyster fry with fried lemon slices and green beans.



Duck with duck meatball and gnocci.



Scallops - these were cooked perfectly and came with some killer scalloped potatoes.



Flounder special - tasty but a little too salty.



Braised short ribs - delicious meat.



Rum sopped coconut cake.



Meyer lemon doughnuts with espresso ice cream - my personal favorite!



Gingerbread with lemon curd.



I love it - a Lemonhead dispenser at the door!

JCT Kitchen on Urbanspoon

1 Comment:

Jessica said...

Just discovered your blog, and some new places to eat around town :-) I've only been to JCT once, for the Sunday dinner, and LOVED it. Best biscuits I've ever eaten. Each person gets a meat and then 2 or 3 (can't remember) family-style sides. Fabulous!